New to the area? Let's grab coffee ☕️
How can a gift of just $1,000 have a meaningful and long-term impact on Jewish communities in Rhode Island and Israel?
This powerful effect comes from collective investment with Women’s Alliance Endowment Fund (WAEF) of the Jewish Federation Foundation. The fund has grown significantly since its 1993 inception with more than 130 membership contributions of $1,000 each. Every WAEF member has a voice in the annual grant program that supports educational, health, cultural, and social services and programs.
To inquire about becoming a member, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.421.4111.
Since 1997, the WAEF has distributed nearly $136,000 in grants to organizations in Rhode Island and overseas. In 2022, allocations totaling $8,800 were awarded to the following programs:
- Camp JORI – Professional Development/Staff Training to support campers’ mental health needs: $1,000
- Jewish Community Day School – Professional Development about gender diversity: $1,000
- Providence Hebrew Day School / New England Academy of Torah – social-emotional learning program for students: $1,000
- University of Rhode Island Hillel – Women’s Leadership, Engagement, and Programming Student Intern: $1,000
- Ethiopian National Project – SPACE (School Performance and Community Empowerment) for Adolescent Girls: $1,500
- Beit Ruth Educational and Therapeutic Village – Building Social-Emotional Wellness & Resilience in At-Risk Teenaged Girls: $800
- ELI: Israel Association for Child Protection – Group Therapy for Sexually Abused Girls: $800
- Haifa Rape Crisis Center – Sexual Trauma Support Group for Women: $800
- JDC (American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee) – Safeguarding Ukraine’s Neediest Jews: $900 (in addition to specific fundraising by WAEF)
Request for Proposals
The WAEF welcomes grant proposals every spring from Jewish organizations and synagogues in Rhode Island, southeastern Massachusetts, and Israel whose missions fall within the purview of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island.
To be added to the RFP distribution list, email us at email@example.com.