New to the area? Let's grab coffee ☕️
Jewish education learning materials available to all
By empowering educators and improving classroom practices, the Jewish Alliance supports area schools in their mission to provide high-quality, dynamic Jewish education in Rhode Island. We also provide professional development and services to teachers and staff to improve student learning.
The Alliance Library collects print reference materials and audiovisual resources (DVDs and CDs) appropriate for use in Jewish education and can also recommend additional books, websites, and videos. The collection and recommendations include:
- Feature films of Jewish interest (including some in Hebrew and/or Yiddish)
- Jewish music
- Documentaries on Jewish subjects
- Children’s programs (including many in Hebrew)
- Specific instructional strategies
- Maps, dictionaries, encyclopedias, teaching manuals on various subjects, etc.
These resources are available to teachers, schools, Jewish communal agencies, and organizations to enhance learning and provide background knowledge for educators.
These resources are also available for: personal entertainment and enrichment; organizations’ film series, and more.
Inclusion and Special Needs Support
The Alliance can support institutions that seek to make their programs more inclusive of people with disabilities. It is currently formulating a plan for potential funding of projects, as well.
Looking for educational experiences in Israel and abroad? The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island is your resource for grants, savings programs, and more, especially for ages 14 to 26. We offer:
- The Gift of Israel, which allows families to receive matching funds from the community if they save $150 per year beginning in grades 3 to 6.
- Stipends for participation in scores of programs, including summer trips, volunteer programs, academic programs, internships and more.
- Needs-based financial aid for these same programs.
Access the Alliance’s Educational Services
To learn more about the resources available to the community, contact Larry Katz at 401.421.4111 ext. 179.