At Summer J-Camp, we provide a variety of excellent opportunities for children ages 4 to 15 to make the most of their vacation. Make it a summer to remember!
Regulations for Summer Camps have now been made available by the state. Please see below for a list of changes being made to Summer J-Camp this year. For any questions, please reach out to Aaron Guttin at email@example.com. We’re looking forward to an amazing summer!
- Camp hours will be 8:30am – 3:30pm. Drop off will be 8:15-8:45am and pickup will be 3:15 – 3:30pm. We are unable to provide early arrival or extended day at this time.
- Due to the need to maintain small stable groups, camp capacity will be limited. Each group will have a specific room within our building that will serve as their home base throughout the day.
- We are unable to use common spaces aside from the Social Hall. We are also still awaiting approval from the State to open our pool. We are hopeful that it will be available at some point during the summer.
- As the summer begins, we will not be able to serve food. Parents should plan to send their children with a snack and kosher, dairy lunch each day. We are hopeful that this will change as the summer progresses.
- We will not be able to take field trips this summer aside from potential neighborhood walks. Parents will receive prior notice should we plan to take walks to nearby parks.
- Special visitors and volunteers are not allowed to join us this summer, but we are working on booking some special visitors via Zoom.
- The field behind the Dwares JCC is undergoing renovations this summer and not available for our use. We are working to determine other outdoor places for campers.
- We will have four groups this summer.
- J1: Entering grades 1-2
- J2: Entering grades 3-4
- J3: Entering grades 5-6
- Counselor-In-Training (CITs) Entering grades 7-10
- J-Camp will not operate week to week this summer. Instead we will offer four sessions. Campers must register for the entire session.
- Session 1. June 29th- July 10th (No camp July 3rd.) (Member price $470, non-member price $585)
- Session 2. July 13th- July 24th (Member price $520, non-member price $650)
- Session 3. July 27th- August 14th (Member price $780, non-member price $875) (Full for J1, waiting list only)
- Session 4 August 17th- August 28th (Member price $520, non-member price $650)
- Our weekly themes won’t change from what is published in our Summer J-Camp Guide.
Welcome to summer 2020! Our team has been gearing up to create another amazing summer experience for your child. As you may know, Summer J-Camp provides a diverse and welcoming environment for all of our campers. Located on the East Side of Providence, the Dwares JCC offers your child many indoor and outdoor spaces for learning and fun throughout the day. In addition to traditional camp activities, J-Camp interweaves a strong focus on Judaic themes and universal human values to provide your child with opportunities for personal growth and a better understanding of the world around them. Convenient curbside drop-off and pick-up and a chef-cooked meal help set our camp experience apart.
Ready to register? Click here.
For more information, please contact:
UPPER CAMP: Camp Haverim (grades K-6) & Counselors-in-Training (grades 7-10), contact:
Aaron Guttin, Director, Camp Haverim & Teen Programming
401.421.4111 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LOWER CAMP: Camp Yeladim (ages 4), contact:
Michelle Cicchitelli, Senior Director, Youth and Family Engagement
401.421.4111 ext. 178 or email@example.com